In order to maintain the best oral health possible, regular, comprehensive dental exams are a necessity. In fact, the American Dental Association recommends that you visit your dentist at least twice a year. Regular exams are vital to assess possible problems such as gum disease, oral cancer, cavity development, and replacing worn out dental work such as metal fillings and discolored crowns. Catching problems early will prevent bigger problems from developing, which will end up saving you time and money.
What Does a Comprehensive Exam Involve?
- We provide a thorough oral cancer screening.
- A series of diagnostic x-rays will be taken so we can analyze the condition of your teeth and bone structure.
- We conduct a complete periodontal screening to check for symptoms and evidence of gum disease.
- We check for any possible bite problems or jaw issues.
- A tooth-specific exam is also provided to all of your teeth to check for cavities, examine the condition of other dental work, and identify cracked or missing teeth.
Maintaining your oral health is top priority for us at Arch Dental. Managing small problems and eliminating them is crucial in avoiding serious health issues such as tooth loss, gum disease and oral cancer. So call us at (631) 271-1770 today to schedule an exam, and let us maintain your smile to last a lifetime!